The newest US Weekly features a two-page spread of our close friends: Ivana, Andrew, Brooks and their adorable new baby girl, Anja Jasmine.
Anja was born April 15th...soon after, Ivana called me from her hospital bed, asking for help on Anja's new room. Within a few days and right on schedule, the room was ready to welcome home little Anja. Between then and now Ivana has continued to do more work on the house, take care of Anja and Brooks (of course with Papa Andrew's help), and do all of the other things that make her an amazing mom. She really knows how to balance it all!
The article mentions a few elements of the room but if you're curious about what else went into the room, here are the details:
1) Main wall color: Benjamin Moore – Wispy Pink
2) Wide stripes above existing shelves: Benjamin Moore – Beachcomber
3) Laura Ashley Chandelier - Naomi's Lampshades & Lamps
4) Layla Grace - Butterfly dots monogram (wall decal)
5) Repurpose existing frames in the room, with new photos of the adorable addition. Run ribbon through the hooks behind the frames and hang from the wall, as shown here, from Pottery Barn.
6) Flutterflies (130 individual butterfly wall decals) to be placed whimsically on the walls. - Layla Grace
7) Keno collection Pasleys chocolate rug - Rugsusa.com
8) Bedding: Lola collection - Serena & Lily
9) For your existing floor lamp, instead of replacing the shade, trim the existing shade with a thin, pink ribbon of your choosing, above the existing trim and below the top of the existing trim. The trim will add a delightful detail to the existing shade at minimal cost. To trim the shade, add Arlene's glue to the ribbon first and then apply it to the shade. To add a little extra sparkle, swap the finial the lamp came with for this finial from Naomi's Lampshades & Lamps.
The other day Ivana and I were talking about Anja's room and I liked what she had to say. Ivana said, "The impressive thing about Anja's room is that we only had to purchase a few things in order to transform the room." (Yes, Andrew has a funny comment about the "pink-ness" of the room but that's Andrew for you! It's Anja & Ivana's girly oasis from the boys...)
I'm excited because this is the third room that I’ve had the pleasure of working on with the Firestone’s. (It sounds like another room is on the radar as well!) We're planning a family trip to visit them soon and meet their sweet little angel, we are so excited!! She is absolutely precious.