Friday, June 10, 2011

East Bay fly by

Did you ever read Bil Keane's, "The Family Circus”?
Do you remember Billy and his adventures around the neighborhood?
I'm sure a lot of you feel that way on a daily basis...For me, that day was Wednesday, after I dropped Ava at daycare. Billy's neighborhood as applied to the East Bay...what a productive day! Yes, shopping at the SF Design Center is great, I love it and I would love to say that everyone can spend that kind of money on furnishings...but they can't. I like to spend time getting inspiration and then seeing what else is out there.
I found a lot of stone that is absolutely gorgeous but on the furnishings-side, here are some of the highlights of some of the 'finds' I came across:
This wood is gorgeous and the more you look at it, the prettier it becomes. The only downside is that it’s in this honey-chestnut color that I just feel sort of ‘eh’ about…BUT in the right setting it could really work…this piece is $299, at ReStore/St. Vincent de Paul’s in Oakland. The best part is that all of the proceeds go to a good cause.
I like this pair of side tables:
refinished in a creamy, warm, green-grey, like Manor House Gray from Farrow & Ball:
In a distressed, dark stain, this country-style coffee table could be really nice:
For those of you lucky enough to have a backyard, how about some furniture:
I think the whole set was $499…Sears Outlet.
And then I got to Home Goods...that place is just fun. I see why David Bromstad loves it so much - COLOR SPLASH.
Ok...that's all for now...Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Caroline Myers said...

OMG! What incredible finds!!! I loooove that buffet and could totally see it working in lots of settings. And the two tiered end tables!!! For a while, I've been thinking I want some like that. And I can't believe I have never been to Home Goods. Must go soon to these places!