Saturday, July 16, 2011

A personal challenge...

Recently our friends, Carey & Renaud, returned from a 6-week+ stint in Paris. After they returned they did a juice cleanse, provided by Juice to You. Carey did a 5 day cleanse and Renaud a 3-day cleanse...thus began Tony's interest...http://juicetoyou.net/ Next thing I know, I'm talking to Charlie, one of the co-owners of the company, on behalf of Tony & I, and we're doing a 3-day juice cleanse.
This past Monday - at 8am, our first day's worth of juice arrived.
The juice is clearly labeled and actually tastes really good. You have 1 juice, every 2 hours...but you start they day with an elixir of algae and end the day with an equal amount of aloe.
One of the biggest surprises to me was how much I use food as a crutch to get me through the tough mental moments of the day. It also surprised me how much I don't get enough of the right foods in my diet...and that I can make it through the day without caffeine. I felt energized throughout the cleanse - a weird sort of body buzz...I highly recommend this cleanse!

No comments: